Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Today I saw Jesus

On Thursday I had an experience where I helped a young guy that was almost passed out when I saw him, and went with him to the emergency room at the hospital. It was a powerful experience in many ways. When I met with the rest of the Mission Year teams after he was safely on his way, we contemplated on Lent and our images of Jesus. This is what I wrote:

Today I saw Jesus.
I saw him in a boy that was completely wasted
A boy that barely could walk, that vomited,
that cried and cursed in despair.

I saw him, and I stayed with him.
It didn’t make me feel like a saint,
it didn’t make me proud of myself.
I stayed with him not because of bad conscience.

I stayed with him because it was right.
I helped him because he is my brother.
I stayed with him because he was, and is, Jesus.

Today I saw you, Jesus.
And I was never afraid.
Because I knew you were there,
and that you would protect us.

Today I met Jesus,

and I will never be the same again.


Peace,
Fredrik

No comments:

Post a Comment