Friday, August 16, 2013

Nearly there...

Friends! It has been a long time since I have posted anything here. But now my departure is closing in, and I have had some thoughts during the summer that I want to share with you.

A couple of weeks ago I was sitting at the dock by our cabin in the west coast of Norway. It was quiet, something I hadn't experienced for a many, many weeks. That's some of the things I like the most about that place. The quietness. I thought about my summer, which has been almost an endless run of new experiences, where I have spent time with a lot of people in a lot of places (even in southeast-Asia), and I have gotten friends from all over the world. Even some from the Georgia-area where I'm heading!



I really look forward to my time in Mission Year! More and more for each day that passes. I'm looking forward to see more of God, to get new friends, to be blessed and to be a blessing. It really seems like a good move to travel to the US for Mission Year!

Speaking of blessings: I am humble and grateful that people come up to me and say that they want to support me, both financially and in other ways. It seems that even though I don't feel I have done much to deserve it, I will most likely have received (or have promises of receiving) all the necessary funds for my year. Thank you so much!

Peace,
Fredrik

(the picture is the view from the docks at our cabin)


No comments:

Post a Comment